Broccoli Pizza Crust
Pizza can be our friend again! Paleo and Vegetarian too, this pizza is grain-free and dairy-free!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
Total time: 55 mins
Follow this recipe for an awesome crust, and feel free to vary the toppings to your liking… after all, a good pizza should make you smile!
- For crust:
- 20 oz fresh broccoli florets
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup shredded vegan Parmesan cheese (or you can substitute regular Parmesan)
- 4 eggs
- Here’s what I topped my crust with:
- Fresh Basil, sliced and whole leaves
- vegan mozzarella cheese, cubed
- pizza sauce I use tomato puree but you can use whatever you like
- fresh minced garlic
- grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Spread the broccoli florets out onto a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for 20-mins.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Transfer the roasted broccoli to a food processor and pulse it 10 times or until the broccoli is finely minced.
- Transfer the minced broccoli to a large bowl and stir in the nutritional yeast, Parmesan, and eggs. Mush it up good with your hands so it’s well-combined.
- Split this broccoli dough in half, and form each one into a ball.
- Place each ball onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and press into an 11-inch roundish circle, about ¼-inch thick.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and, using the parchment paper as an aid, lift the crust on the paper and then carefully flip it onto another piece of parchment paper, put it back on the sheet, and then back into the oven for 15 minutes, or until the edges are starting to crisp up a bit.
- Remove from oven and top with a little pizza sauce (you will only want to use about ¼ cup), minced garlic, tomatoes, and vegan cheese.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil.
- Slice and serve.