High Protein Homemade Granola
Homemade Granola is healthier than the granola you can buy in the shop as they have a high amount of refined sugar. Even a lot of the organic “healthy” branded granola’s although it may be organic sugar, it’s still sugar. If you are making your own you know exactly what is going in it and can control the amount of sugar you use. It’s super easy to make and you can mix things up with what you like best.
This protein-packed granola recipe is scented with cinnamon and filled with oats, nuts, and seeds.
Aprox 8 servings
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup also works well
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup mix-ins use whatever nuts and seeds you have on hand. Almonds, pecans, cashews or hazelnuts are all great options.Pumpkin seeds and flax seed meal add even more healthy fats and omega 3’s and they give the granola the perfect crunchy texture.
- 1 Tsp salt
- Cinnamon for flavouring
- Mix in a bowl the oats, nut and seed mix and honey/ maple syrup
- Then sprinkle on cinnamon and a pick of salt and you’re good to go.
- Add it to you yoghurts, porridge or simple on its own as a snack.